Mon, Feb 15|
Volley Academy - Session 2 Starting Feb 15th
Come let your athlete learn the sport of volleyball with a fun, positive coach! Join some of Club 801's top coaches for a 3 week training program (twice a week) including all of the fundamentals and principles to get a great start in the sport.
Time & Location
Feb 15, 2021, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Lehi, 525 E 200 S Lehi, UT 84043
About the event
Introduction to Volleyball - 5 weeks / 5 sessions of Volleyball Mondays 4-5 p.m.
- Open Gym / Fun day (optional) is February 15th
- Feb 22, March 1, March 8, March 15
Come join one of 801's top youth coaches, Callie Whitney (Former BYU Libero, former SLCC Libero, for 5 weeks of fun training. Most importantly will be the Mindset, (positive thoughts, power statements, and proper technical thoughts) that will set a framework for your athletes performance for their lifetime.
Then we will cover 1-2 skills a week followed by fun play the last part of each session. Serving, Passing, Setting, Hitting, Blocking (concepts and eyework), defense, and rotations.
* Ages are 8-13 boys and girls
* 14 players maximum
* $150 / athlete
* T shirt included
* Treats will be given out at most sessions
* 4:00- 4:55
* Must have waiver completed before attending
* Athletes must be covid symptom free
* Masks are not mandatory. Volleyball is a natural "socially distancing" sport. Athletes will not be next to other athletes within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes.
Play will be with a very light volleyball designed for younger athletes to have a great first experience with the sport of volleyball. The goals are basic fundamentals, and to have fun! Half of each session will be skill presentation, and the other half will be coach instructed play.
Concepts covered: - Serving - Passing - Setting - Hitting - Digging - Defensive Positioning - Rotations and Alignment - and most importantly Mindset!